Vegan Waffles (gluten free)
Gluten free vegan waffles for all waffle lovers!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Feeds: 2 big waffles 3 small waffles
1 1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup plant based milk add 1/4 extra if the mixture is too thick.
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
1. Make a flax egg using 1 tbsp of flax seeds with 2 tbsp of water. Let this sit for 5-10 mins.
2. Add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to your plant-based milk. Let this sit and turn into a buttermilk.
3. Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl, mix well and then mash in the banana.
4. Mix in the flax egg and plant-based milk together.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. Don't over mix! Then add the mixture to a waffle iron. If the mixture is too thick at a bit more plant-based milk. If the mixture is too runny add more oat flour.
I like these best with a vegan chocolate and hazelnut spread and mixed berries!