Vegan Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Curry
get you greens in!
A simple, deliciously fragrant Thai Green Curry, packed with nutritious greens and chickpeas for your protein! Perfect for meal prepping, I like to make a large batch to last me 2-3 days when I have a hectic schedule and don't want to miss out on nutritous food!
prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 10 mins
feeds: 4 portions
Thai green curry paste
4 cloves of garlic
thumb of ginger
2 lemongrass stalks
4 green chillies
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp dried cumin
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp tamari (use coconut aminos to keep it soy free)
coriander stalks for paste
handful Thai basil
240g cooked chickpeas (1 can)
400ml coconut milk (1 can)
100g Green Beans
top with coriander leaves 1 red Chilli, 2 spring onions and lime!
1. Start of by making the Thai green curry past by adding the garlic, Shallots, ginger, Lemongrass, Green Chillies, dried coriander, dried cumin, white pepper, tamari and Coriander stalks to a food processor and pulse until you get the right consistency. A more authentic way to prepare the paste is to use a pestle and mortar to break down the ingredients and get them infusing together! But for a quick paste, a food processor will do.
2. Chop the courgette into chunky rectangles and broccoli into small pieces.
3. add your courgette, broccoli and green beans, saute for 5 mins in coconut oil. then place one large spoon of the thai green paste in with the vegetables, Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
4. pour in the coconut milk and chickpeas and any extra salt to taste.
5. Mix in mangetout and thai basil right at the end for 3 minuets of cooking.
Serve with rice (i like to use brown rice) and garnish with fresh spring onion, coriander and red sweet chillies (or spicy)!
I made this recipe as part of a delicious vegan 4 day meal prep which you can watch me make step by step in this video.